Wearable Art Show
SOS 2013 Fashion and Wearable Art Show
Wednesday, May 1st, 7:30 pm, at the Armory
All artists who design and create original wearable art are invited to participate in this year's live runway show. This show will provide a unique opportunity for artists working in wearable art to display their work in a dynamic way with live models. We packed the house in 2012 -- in 2013 we are in a bigger venue for more exposure! The show happens a few days before the main Open Studios event, so participation in this event can help drive visitors to your studio.
Guidelines for Participation
- Artists must live or maintain an art studio in Somerville and must register to participate in Somerville Open Studios.
- All work must be an original design, made by the artist, and shown on a human model.
- Work made from recycled/re-purposed clothing must be significantly altered so as to be reasonably considered original work.
- Work must be appropriate for a wide audience - no nudity.
- Each artist may submit up to 8 pieces.
- Artists must provide his/her own models though it is possible (and encouraged) to share models with other designers.
- All artists and models are required to attend the dress rehearsal on Tuesday, April 30th at 6pm at the Armory.
How to Participate
Please send a brief description of your work and three photos to Joolie Cahill, the Fashion Show Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating. You can also indicate your interest by selecting the "Wearable Art Show" option during registration.